Friday, April 9, 2010

Goblin Kites

A few weeks ago, I was rifling through the 10-cent bin at my local cardstore. While diligently looking for oh, I don't know, something else, I found a Goblin Kites.

But it wasn't just any Goblin Kites.




















...SERIOUSLY?!

That is the single worst cutting job I have ever seen on a card. Whomever is responsible must have done so with a hacksaw, the handle gripped not-so-expertly between his buttocks. Seriously... I've seen cards with uneven borders, but never one with a border completely missing! But wait, look closely... is that? Yes. You can see a tiny fragment of a green card spilling onto the top of the Goblin Kites. How lovely. Ah, it's just as well - what good did green give us in Fallen Empires? In fact, what good did Fallen Empires give us at all? Asides from the game-breaker that is Delif's Cone, I mean.

So, I believe I may very well have the world's oldest split card.

1 comment: